Thursday, October 9, 2014

Memories

Hi
I am Selvaraj,

I am working as Special Correspondent in the Times of India, Chennai edition. I am happy to publish the stories which I had filed for the leading newspapers...

I cover crime beat - state and city police in Tamil Nadu since 1994. I am a writer, blogger, self-styled artist (in all medium including water colour, oil, pastel etc...), novelist, director (directed four short films), mimicry artist and easy going person. All the opinions published are my personal views and based on chats with people expertise in concerned fields. My native is Vickramasingapuram in Tirunelveli district.

I started my career as a helper in a water tanker body building company in SIPCOT near Sundarapuram in Coimbatore after the completion of diploma in mechanical engineering studied at the Sankar Institute of Polytechnic in 1993. Then I moved to Chennai and worked in Plant Engineering Services near Vavin in Ambattur Industrial Estate for about six months before stepping into the journalism field.

I joined Maalaimalar, the Tamil evening daily, as an artist/proof reader in 1994 and I was transferred to Tiruchi in 1998. There I was assigned with a new task as News Editor and Programme Editor in Air Media Network Television (a sister concern of Daily Thanthi) till I was transferred to Chennai in 2002 to work as crime reporter in Maalaimalar.

I joined in The New Indian Express as crime reporter in May 1, 2006. Then I joined as senior correspondent in the Deccan Chronicle in August, 2007. Now, I am working with The Times of India as Special Correspondent since March 10, 2008...


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for your great information, the contents are quiet interesting.I will be waiting for your next post.
    plant engineering services

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to read this article..... Thanks for sharing this information......Well Written.
    Plant Engineering Services in Bayern Germany

    ReplyDelete